As Needed Medication Review
When "as needed" medications are administered, some states require documentation that a licensed nurse has reviewed them. ResiDex E-Mar offers a convenient solution.
The As Needed Medication Review screen is "Read-Only" (not editable) for staff who are not listed as RN or LPN in the staff tab.
Review As Needed Medications:
After as needed medications have been documented, they will appear in Desktop ResiDex for the nurse to review. From Desktop ResiDex:
- Go to the Setup Tab
- In the search box type "As Needed" and select "Review As Needed meds administered (PRN)
- Filter by Community (Optional)
- Filter by Resident (Optional)
- View Reviewed and Unreviewed by selecting "All" (Optional)
- Filter by date (Optional)
The medication will be shaded. When you close the screen and re-open it, the reviewed medication will not be visible unless you press "All".
Un-Mark a Medication as Reviewed
- Click the "All" button
- Click on the "Reviewed" button
- Press "Yes" to confirm you wish to "Remove reviewed by" information