Assessment of Vulnerability
Assessments are done, in part, to identify and document a resident's current needs and abilities. It is in identifying resident needs that we are also identifying their vulnerabilities. Assessments performed in Residex allow a number of different types of reports to be generated once assessment items have been answered. In addition to reports such as Assessment Summaries, the Individual Abuse Prevention Plan is a document that is also created; it displays those areas identified in the assessment as being needs or vulnerabilities. Users can control what items pull into the Abuse Prevention Plan AND can quickly update a resident's Individual Abuse Prevention Plan using the subset feature:
Specifying "Vulnerability" Assessment Items:
- From the Setup Tab: Click on Assessment on the left
- Select Assessment - Master Assessment Setup on the right
- Select an assessment category from the option list at the top (1)
- Put a check in the box of items you want to appear on the Individual Abuse Prevention Plan (2)
- In the course of performing an assessment, it is helpful to add detail (in the form of a note) as to how your facility is meeting that need or vulnerability. This note will pull into the Individual Abuse Prevention Plan and provided a more complete documentation.
When entering an assessment in Desktop ResiDex you can use the "Subsets" option to quickly address categories flagged as "vulnerability" items.
- Begin entering an assessment
- From the "Subset" menu select "Vulnerable Adult"
- The "vulnerability" items will now display. Fill in the information
- Click on "Return to Assessment" or "Mark Complete"
Individual Abuse Prevention Plan:
After the assessment items are filled out you will now be able to generate the form called "Individual Abuse Prevention Plan". You have two ways to generate this report:
- When entering an assessment click on the "Safety" section
- Click on the category "Vulnerability"
- Click the "Individual Abuse Prevention Plan" at the bottom left of the screen
- From the Reports Tab - In the search field type "Abuse"
- Select the report "Individual Abuse Prevention Plan"
- Select the Resident, toggle print/preview as desired and press "Go"
Here is an example of what your report may look like: