Care Package Setup
Care Packages are typically a monthly or daily package that is usually based on a care level or points system. A resident must be on the billing option "Care Package" in order to see the "care package" field in the "Fee and Payers" screen.
To Create Care Packages:
- Click the Billing Tab and select Rates – Packages (Levels)
- Click New
- Enter/Edit the package name (A)
- Enter a "Points Desc" (B) - if you don't use points you can enter a "." as a place-holder.
- Enter the "Default Package Rate" (C)
- Select a "Rate Period" which will be "month" or "days" (D)
To edit the Care Package Rate from the Billing Tab:
- Select Rates – Packages (level) - (image 1 above)
- Type over the current package rate - (image 3 - item C)
- Press Tab to move through the fields
- If someone is currently charged that care package rate, an effective date box will appear
- Enter the effective date and press “OK” to close the screen
What Happens When the Rate Changes:
If someone is on the care package that was edited, they will automatically have another line in their Fees/Payers screen with the updated rate and date.