ResiDex allows users to record a list of contacts for a Resident or Prospect. Detailed information such as name, address, phone numbers, and legal and personal relationships for each resident can be entered.
Entering contacts into ResiDex will provide quick access to all phone numbers and
addresses, and provide valuable contact information in the ResiDex Task Manager feature.
Enter a new Contact for a Resident or Prospect
- From the Resident Profile (or Prospect Profile) Screen - click Contacts
- Press the New button at the top of the screen
- Enter the contact's first and last name
- Enter the contact's address (optional)
- Select the Type of phone number from the option list
- Enter the phone number
- Enter an email address (optional)
- Enter a contact Note (optional) - you may record work hours, "best time to call" hours, etc.
- Select the Roles - the legal relationships- that this contact has for the Resident
- Select the Relationship from the Option list - If a relationship is not listed, you may add a new relationship type to the list. Once you save the contact relationship, you're done! You may opt to repeat the steps to add additional contacts.
Find an Existing Contact
Occasionally, you will have multiple residents who have the same contact(s). For this instance we have created the "Find Existing Contacts" button. This button will let you search through all of the contacts you have already entered into ResiDex, and If your desired contact is already in the system, you can add them to your resident with a click of a button.
This saves you the time of re-entering someone's contact information, and keeps your data consistent across all residents for whom this person is a contact. Additionally, future edits are easy: for instance, if a contact's phone number changes, you'll just have to change the phone number for that contact once, and everywhere that contact appears in your records, their phone number will always be up-to-date!
- From theResident Profile (or Prospect Profile) Screen - click Contacts
- Press the Find Existing Contact button on the top right of the screen.
- Search for the last name of the contact you would like to add.
- Click the name when it appears
- Choose a relationship between this contact & your current resident, then press Select.
Next, specify the roles this contact has for the current selected resident.
- Click the Go button to open the Contact Profile button
- In the roles field, select any that apply (Emergency Contact, POA, etc.)
- Close the screen when finished