Editing a Payment
If a payment was entered or applied incorrectly, you can edit the payment.
To edit a payment the batch must be open. If it is not open you can follow the instructions to open the batch.
To Un-apply a payment:
- Click the "un-apply" button to the right of the payment
- If you are automatically prompted to re-apply the payment - press cancel
To Edit the Payment Amount:
- Un-apply the payment (if it was applied) following the above directions
- Edit the dollar amount that was entered
- Tab through the remaining fields
- Apply the payment or leave it un-applied
Note: This is the process that will be used if you applied a payment to the wrong resident or account. When you edit the payment, change the amount to be $0.00.