RTasks: Resident Notes
Resident notes allow users to document narrative notes about the resident. If you have the ResiDex user role "5 - Resident Notes" along with RTasks access, you will be able to add Resident Notes.
Enter Resident Notes in RTasks:
Notes can be entered either under the Resident Profile screen in RTasks OR from the Today Screen's +More button. Entry fields/requirements are identical in both cases.
- Click the + More button in RTasks
- Select the option New Resident Note
- The note entry screen will appear
- The current date appears by default; edit as needed to reflect the occurrence date
- The current time appears by default; edit as needed to reflect the correct occurrence time
- Select the Resident from the drop down list
- Select a Note Type (note type options can be set in desktop Residex)
- Enter the Topic
- Enter the narrative details of the note
- "Send Note as Snap Message", if selected, allow users to send the topic and body of the note as a snap message to selected others without needing to re-enter details. Once the note is saved, users are taken directly to a snap message screen, allowed to select snap message recipients and send.
- Press Save to complete your entry or Back to cancel the note without saving
Viewing Note History / Edit or Strike a note
- On the RTasks + More screen - select View Resident Notes
- The Resident note history screen will open
- Select the start date of the date range of notes you wish to view
- Select the end date of that date range
- Select a resident for whom you'd like to view notes OR keep the default "All" and notes and all resident notes will be visible
- If you wish to also view service notes entered during that period, put a check in "Include Service Notes"
- If you wish to also view notes entered as followup to referral appointments, put a check in the "Include Referral Followup Notes"
- Optionally, search by note type or topic
- Notes may be edited for a time by the writer (the interval is a configuration item set up in desktop Residex)
- Notes may be stricken if entered in error.
- Enter a reason for striking the note (this is optional)
- Press 'Strike note' to complete striking the note or cancel to stop the striking process
- Stricken notes do not appear on Notes reports but may be retrieved upon request.