RTasks: Enter an Assessment
If you have done the Assessment Setup in Desktop ResiDex, have User Role - 32 "CliniDex Nurse", and are an RTasks user, you can enter clinical and non-clinical assessments from RTasks. Note: Non-clinical assessments (leisure, dietary, and Bio/History) can be configured to allow unlicensed staff to perform these as well.
Enter Assessments in RTasks:
- Login and click Clinical
- Select the option Assessments
- Select a Resident or Prospect and the Assessment Type
- Note: If an assessment has been previously started and not marked complete, it will be listed as an 'open' assessment.
- Users can finish the open assessment and mark complete. Not all assessment options are available to perform until an open assessment is complete.
- Once the Assessment type is selected, this opens fields allowing the user to enter the context of the assessment (done in person or remotely) and
- If a clinical update, the reason the assessment is being performed (e.g. 90 day reassessment, Change of Condition, etc...)
- The assessment history button will allow you to view a history of the completed assessments for that resident.
- An optional notes field in the assessment history will allow you to add a note regarding any circumstances surrounding that assessment.
- Click on the Assessment History button a second time to close the history view.
- Blue links (1) indicate assessment categories. Click on the category to add or edit details to items in that category
- 'Counts' by each line item (2) will display how many topics in the categories have been or need to be completed.
- Not all items in each category are required to be addressed. Notifications will appear to the user if a required element is not addressed.
Add/Edit Assessment Details:
- Click on a category link to see the evaluation options
- If an item is selected, click Add Note if you wish to add a note (1)
- If a note had previously been entered, click Edit Note to update the note that is entered and displayed (2)
- Click the select box to select or un-select an evaluation option (3)
- When finished with the category press Back to return to all assessment categories (4)
Add Services During Assessment Entry:
If assessment -> service links have been created, you will have the option of entering a service or services into the Resident's service plan while completing an assessment. This is how it will look:
- Begin entering an assessment as outlined above
- If an evaluation option is linked to services a "Show related services" option will appear
- When you click on the link, related services will be displayed
- To add a service, click on the "Add to schedule" option and to edit the service on the service plan click "Already on service plan"
- This is what displays on the "Already on service plan" screen
- Follow our detailed instructions on Editing a Resident's Service Plan
Marking an Assessment Complete
- Click 'Mark Assessment as Completed' to close the assessment. This applies the current date to the assessment and sends Care Plans to staff to review and acknowledge.
- Enter the date of the next required assessment OR click the 'quick select' button to choose an option. RTasks will calculate the due date for the next assessment.
- The nurse can be notified electronically of next assessments due via RTask Login report OR via Notifications or the Status tab in desktop Residex.
- You can optionally enter a reason the the next assessment will be completed.