Adjustments are done when:
- The facility is using the Accounts Receivable component of ResiDex
- Statements were generated and distributed for the resident
- Credits or debits need to be made on a previous month's charges
To Enter and Adjustments:
- Click on the "Adjust" tab and click "New"
- Select a Resident
- Select the invoice from the option list - Make sure the "INVOICE TOTAL" (visible in the drop down list) DOES NOT have a $0.00 Total
- Enter the adjustment amount (putting a "-" in front of the amount will INCREASE the amount due and will be indicated after the amount is entered
- Select an "Adjustment Type"
- Enter an "Adjustment Date" - be sure to keep the date in the "current billing period" so the adjustment appears on the next statement
- Select the adjustment reason
- Enter a "note" (optional)
- Apply to invoice line items - you can select one or more line item and specify how much is applied to each line
NOTE: You will have visiblity to each charge type for each item. When applying the adjustment amount, please note the payer by each. If you want to increase or decrease a certain payer account, make sure you select the correct line item associated with each payer.