Medication on Hold
There are occasions when a resident medication may be placed on hold. The 'hold' status may be for either a specified or unspecified length of time.
Med Hold: Specified Length of Time:
- From the resident medication screen - click on a medication
- Click on the Discontinue/Restart button
- A new window will appear where you will be able to edit the stop and start dates
- In the first field enter the date the medication will LAST be given
- In the second field enter the new start date. The "gap" in dates will create the "hold"
- The "restart" med line will have an indicator that it is starting in the future
- The medication will automatically restart on that date
Med Hold: Unknown Restart
- From the Resident med screen - click on a medication
- Click on the "Days" field
- Use the "Other" days option and select "Hold"
- Unlike the option of scheduling when the med will go on hold/restart - this option will put the medication on hold IMMEDIATELY
- You will have an "indicator" displaying any medication on hold
- When the med needs to restart you must manually return it to the "active" state by changing the "Days" option
- Click on the "days" field and select an option from the list and press save
- The medication will now immediately be made active