Pharmacy Connect: Importing Medications
When using Pharmacy Connect, medications will automatically be added or edited for your current residents. You will have notifications of changes on the Resident List screen which will allow you to easily see if your attention is required. You will then edit or approve the changes for each resident.
When you log into Desktop ResiDex and view the Resident List screen, you will see an alert in the upper right corner if medications are ready to import.
- Use the option list and select a resident name
- You will be directed to the Resident's medication screen with a pop up window
Accepting New Medications:
- From the pop up list, select "Accept New"
- Select "Accept Times" or "Reject Times": Note: rejecting times will force a user to manually enter med times for that medication
- Select "Process" and "OK" on the pop up window and the medication will be imported
- On the pop up window, select "Reject Med"
- Enter a note and press "Process"
FUTURE FEATURE: The rejection will format and prepare a fax to be sent to the pharmacy
Merge a Medication:
If the resident has a current medication named exactly the same as a medication to import, click on the current medication in the med list. The option to "Merge Medication" will appear. The information that would change is displayed on the right and highlighted in red.
As the "action" describes, this will update the medication but will keep the "Med directions".
Replace a Medication:
If the resident has a current medication named exactly the same as a medication to import, click on the medication on the left and the option to "Replace Medication" will appear. The information that would change is displayed on the right and highlighted in red.
As the "action" describes, this will update the medication and will replace the "Med directions".
- When you press "Process" a screen will prompt to discontinue the current med - press OK
- The previous medication will be discontinued and the new medication and details will be added
Replace Any Medication:
When importing a medication, the medication named exactly the same will automatically be highlighted. You can replace any medication in the medication list by clicking on the medication. This will highlight the med name as well as the details that are different. Continue to replace the medication as outlined above.
Viewing the Next Medication to Import:
- On the "Resident Medications to Import" screen - click the record selector at the bottom of the screen
- Click the left and right arrow to page through to the next medication
Import the Medications at a Later Time:
If you open the Import Medication screen and decide to handle each medication at a later time, simply click the X in the upper right corner of the window. This will close the import medication screen.
NOTE: The import med screen will pop up again if you exit the med screen and open it again.