Med Entry: Basic
Entering Resident Medications in ResiDex allows you to maintain an electronic record of each resident's medications, making either paper-based or E-Charting medications quick and easy. Entering medications will also allow ResiDex to automatically pull medication lists into key reports.
This document outlines entry of a basic medication, but we also have documentation on how to:
Enter a basic medication:
- Open a resident's Meds screen by pressing the Meds button at the bottom of the Resident Profile
- Press the New button
Note: As you follow the steps below, you can navigate through each field by pressing the Tab key on your keyboard, or with your mouse.
- Start typing the name of the medication then (optionally) use the drop down arrow to select
- Enter the Start date and time of the medication
- Enter the End date and time if appropriate (leave blank if it's an ongoing order); note that the the Days (field 4) will automatically be calculated. OR, you can enter the number of days the medication is to be given (Field 4) , and the End date (field 3) will automatically calculate. Edit the end time if applicable.
- Enter the Strength (ex: 300)
- Select the unit of measure (ex: mg)
- Enter the Amount (amount) (ex: 2)
- Select the type of measure (ex: tabs)
- Select the route (ex: by mouth)
- Edit the Days option if needed (Ex: every 2 days or Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Select the Frequency (ex: 2 x/day) If x times per day is selected it will only appear on the days (field 10) specified
- Enter the indications or click the indications box to see if the medication has usage/purpose details you can select
- Edit the information of who will setup the medication
- Edit the information of who will assist or administer the medication (will drive what appears on the E-Mar feature)
- Enter the Med Directions (optional for scheduled medications but required for as needed medications)
After the fields above are entered, the "med times" fields will become visible. Enter the specific med times following the instructions below OR use Simplified medication times as outlined in our Medication Simplified Times document.
Enter the medication times. Please be aware: If the start TIME for the medication is AFTER the medication time, the medication will NOT be populated on the start date.
Note: The following fields are visible after turning on the campus configuration options. Contact Residex Support if you have questions on configuration options.
- RX # - Enter the prescription number of the medication
- MD: Select the MD who ordered the medication from the residents list of providers in the Health Info screen
- Pharmacy: Specify a pharmacy for this med (Optional)
- + Mar Lines: Only applicable on paper mars
- Use the "Find" button to search for Trade and Generic meds containing the characters typed in the med field