Referral Setup Options
A Referral Report can be generated to record the reason for a resident's visit to a physician, dentist, emergency room, or any other health care provider. The Referral reports have a number of different configuration options, so you can customize your referral reports to work exactly as you want them to.
Campus Referral Form Configuration
There are several places you can edit your Referral settings in ResiDex.
From the "Campus Configuration" screen
- Go to Setup and search for "Configuration"
- Select the option on the right "Campus Configuration"
First go to the Setup Tab, then:
- Select "Meds, Diagnoses, Diet" from the menu on the left (or search for "Referral")
- Next, Select "Campus Referral Form Configuration" from the menu on the right
Referral Report Options
You have a number of YES / NO options that allow you to set what items appear on your Referral reports. Just select "Yes" or "No" for each option. These options include showing the following on Referral Reports:
- Diet information
- Health Insurance details
- Special medication instructions
- Medication Indications
In the "Referral Closing Text" section, you can enter a block of text here that will automatically appear at the end of every Referral report you run. This can be policy information, a disclaimer, legal text or whatever else you would like - just type it in and save!
Additionally, you can setup Referral Types, by pressing the "Referral Types" Button.
This screen is where you setup the different types of Referrals available to users who are creating a new Referral. Each Referral type as a custom configurable block of text that will appear on it's Referral reports; typically this is used to get feedback from the Doctor (or other health care provider) the report is being sent to.
You edit existing Referral types simply by clicking on them and starting to type, or you can create a new Referral type by pressing the new button at the top of the screen.
There is one other place you can configure your Referral settings. Start at the Setup Tab, and
- Select "Campus" from the menu on the left
- Next, Select "Campus Configuration" from the menu on the right
- Select "Referral" from the Category drop-down menu
YES / NO
Most of the options on this screen are again YES / NO options for different settings. Just select the YES or NO setting to each option as they apply to you.
There are a few Referral configuration options that are not just YES / NO settings.
"Default Referral Sheet"
This option is related to the "Prompt to print after saving" option. If 'Prompt to print' is turned on, you will be asked if you want to print a Referral report immediately when you save a new Referral.
There are several different versions of the Clinical Referral report, each formatted slightly differently.
The "Default Referral Sheet" selects which version of the Referral Report that will automatically print after you save a new Referral (assuming 'Prompt to print' is set to YES.)
"Prevent Referral changes after X hours (0 = any)"
This option locks down a Referral X hours after it was originally saved. For example, if you enter 24, 24 hours after any new Referrals are saved, you wont be able edit their details. If you set the value in this field to 0, the Referral will never get locked and will always remain editable.
"Show diagnoses on Referral (Campus Config Screen)"
Your Referrals can be configured to show a resident's diagnoses in a variety of ways, or not at all.
- "Full" - This setting wills how all of a resident's diagnoses on a Referral report, including past & present diagnoses, chronic and non-chronic, along with any dates or diagnoses notes that have been recorded in ResiDex.
- "Standard" - This setting is a simplified version of "Full;" Referral reports will show all diagnoses, but not dates or notes, and will not indicate which diagnoses are or are not chronic.
- "Full-No Chronic" - This setting is exactly the same as "Full," except Referral reports will not show chronic diagnoses.
- "None" - no resident diagnoses will appear on the Referral report.