Medication Recap is a way to electronically document medications. You can document
- Who received the medication
- When the medications were given
- Who administered the medication
- Whether medications were administered or skipped/declined (and the reason)
- Optional notes about any or all medication
- Medication counts of controlled medications
- Unscheduled medications that were given, including date/time and reason.
When electronic medication recapping is used, paper MARs are no longer needed. ResiDex reports are easily viewed and/or printed that show the initials of the staff member who documented each medication as well as any notes entered (such as why a medication was skipped or declined.)
You can use the med recapping feature alone (simply marking the med as "poured" and administered or declined) or opt to turn on the "Verify" option. Verification is a two-step med recap process where one user (the nurse or supervisor) can review and document that the medication is correct and so "verified" or "setup", and another user can document that the medication was administered or declined.
The EMAR feature is not turned on by default; please connect with ResiDex to enable this feature for your location.
- Medication recap - recapping the service only (without documenting each med administered)
- Medication recap - documenting each and every medication administered
- Medication verification and Medication recap - a 2-step process allowing one person to 'setup' or 'verify, and the 2nd to administer/decline.
RTasks Med Recap (E-Mars)
- Login to RTasks and select a "Role" on the Today Screen
- Click on a Med Assist or Med Admin service
- If EMARS are turned "on", medications to be given for that Resident at that time will display
- Use this option to show the details for all medications
- Click this button to expand/collapse one medication to display or hide detailed information
- This is an indicator to draw attention to the fact that a medication is new or updated
- The blue "i" will take the user to a National Institute of Health web page showing the medication indications/side effects, etc... for that particular med.
- The nurse setup can be checked here during the administration of the med, or (alternatively) checked during Med Setup/Verify under the Clinical - Nurse Setup Medication option
- This option will be visible if the medication is specified to need a "2nd verification" OR if you choose to require a 2nd verification on all meds by default.
- Select this option if you administered the medication
- Select this option if the medication was declined/not given AND enter a note (required)
- Type a note in this field (required if the med was declined/not given.
- Optionally use the snippet drop down list to enter the note (examples of snippets might include injection locations, pain scale options, etc...)
- Optionally add a note (3)
- Select "Save Changes" (4)