RTasks Med Disposal
RTasks enables users to mark a medication as "disposed". This will allow nurses to maintain accurate medication counts, track the disposal of meds that have been refused, and document the destruction of discontinued or expired medications. Disposing of medication in RTasks will not only require the primary user marking the medication as disposed, but also a witness. The witness will be required to enter their RTasks password before the medication will be disposed.
RTasks: Mark a Medication Disposed:
- Log into RTasks and use the Clinical option list to select Dispose Medications
- The medication disposition screen will appear - Select the resident and optionally check "Show meds discontinued in the last year"
- The resident's medications will appear - select each medication you want to dispose
- Enter the quantity disposed for each medication
- Select the disposition reason
- Select the disposal method
- Select a staff name from the option list
- The staff will then type in their RTASKS Password
- Press Save to complete the med disposition