Staff Supervision in Residex is a feature that permits the nurse to document and track direct supervision of unlicensed staff performing a delegated skill or service, a state requirement in many settings. Even if not required, some providers may consider it a best practice to document supervision of unlicensed staff. Once a staff supervision has been marked complete, users will be prompted for the next due date; once entered, nurses can receive a notification or reminder to perform the next scheduled supervision.
Provider Types Requiring Supervision
To identify which provider types you wish to supervise, go to the Setup Tab:
- Select "Providers (Roles)"on the left
- Select "Provider Types" on the right
- From this screen, put a check in the boxes of the provider types for whom you wish to track supervision
Document a Staff Supervision:
- From the Staff Tab - Click the option list (1)
- Select: Staff Supervision (2)
- A screen will appear showing a history of supervisions that have been completed and display the details below
- Click "New" to begin a new supervision entry
- When you click "New" - fill out the details at the bottom of the screen and press "Save"
- When it is saved, you will be prompted to enter the next supervision due date
- After that is entered, you will have the option to print the Staff Supervision Summary Report
Below is a sample of the Staff Supervision Summary Report.
Editing Next Supervision Due Dates:
Dates of next supervisions due for the entire campus can be viewed and edited:
- Go to the Setup Tab
- Select Staff Management on the left, and
- Select Staff Supervision Overview on the right
- The column labeled "Next Supervision Due" can be edited to the desired date.