Campus Providers are essentially the roles staff members assume in providing care to residents.
Users with the Supervisory role (Role 13) can create and edit the providers who work at their facility. A small setting may just have AM, PM, and NOC caregivers and an RN. A larger facility may break down providers by location, and have multiple providers operating at the same time (Assisted Living AM 1, Assisted Living AM 2, Memory Care AM 1, etc).
Once providers are created, the user will be able to assign services and chores to that provider.
Providers can be configured uniquely for each campus and community. Each provider is assigned
- a name (AL AM 1, Housekeeper, or RN, etc...)
- a provider type (defining their role and training)
- a primary community (to make it easier to assign cares to the appropriate provider)
- a shift (so cares can only be assigned to providers during their scheduled hours).
To create or edit Providers, navigate from the Today screen > +More Button > Administration section > Providers and select New Provider and enter the information requested.
Edit a Provider:
- Click on Today > + More > Administration > Providers
- Click on a specific provider
- Edit any of the details
- Press Save
Deactivate a Provider
When a 'Provider' is no longer needed, it can be retired.
- Follow the above steps to edit a provider
- Click the Active check box to un-select
- NOTE: You will not be able to inactivate a Provider that has services assigned
The Unassigned Provider
Each campus list of providers must include an 'Unassigned' Provider. Do not inactivate this entry! This unassigned provider is used:
- when importing a resident from another campus. Services and meds must be reassigned upon import, so carry the temporary status of "Unassigned"
- to alert staff via Login Report or Status tab that a service has been added but is not assigned to scheduled staff