Behavior Management Services are a specialized service type, in that they
- create a printable Behavior Plan that shows behavior services scheduled for a given resident, including the service details specified by the nurse
- allow staff to document the number of behavior occurrences, the time spent, and intervention effectiveness during their shift
- create reports such as the Behavior Log that summarizes behavior management charting for a specified resident and period of time.
Setting up Behavior Services
Contact ResiDex support staff to assist in setting up Behavior Management services.
Create the Behavior Plan:
- Add the behavior service(s) for the resident and assign to providers. (Often this is assigned to each shift, to capture data around the clock).
- Enter resident-specific task details (e.g. how the behavior is displayed, possible triggers, etc...) to assist in building the behavior plan
- When finished, open the Reports tab and search for "Behavior" - Select the report "Behavior Plan"
- This is a sample of the information that will print on the Behavior Plan report
- From RTasks - Select the Provider and a Behavior Management service
- Enter the number of minutes
- Select the number of occurrences
- From the drop down list select up to four interventions (A-D)
- Optionally enter a note
- Mark the service complete
- From the Reports screen, search for Behavior
- Select the report Behavior Report for the appropriate resident
- The report is grouped by behavior type (1)
- It will display:
- when the behavior occurred (2)
- the actual number of minutes (3)
- number of occurrences (4)
- all interventions (5)
- and service notes (6)