RTasks offers a robust means by which incidents can be reported and documented, reviewed, and analyzed as part of clinical best practices and quality improvement activities.
Incidents can be customized as to incident types, questions and response options, as well as permissions for entry or viewing.
This addresses the initial entry of an incident. Staff with the "Incidents - Role 6" will have the ability to make the first documentation of an incident.
Resident Incident Entry Options:
The incident can be entered from either of two locations:
- The People > Resident > Select a resident > Incidents: Information contained here will be specific to that resident.
- The Clinical drop-down and selecting 'Incidents'. This allows adding a specific resident incident, but allows the user to view campus wide incidents.
Incident Entry from the Clinical Option:
To enter a new incident, select 'Report an Incident'.
- The incident date (1) and time (2) defaults the current date and time but can be edited to reflect the time of the incident
- The category allows the user to specify whether this incident is related to a resident, a staff person, or is a audit (3)
- The Type shows all types of incidents that are tracked for this database (4)
- And the name of the resident can be selected from the dropdown list (5).
- Click Submit and the questions for that incident will populate.