Medications Sent Out of Facility
Residents may take leaves of absence from the facility; RTasks' feature 'Meds Sent Out of Facility' allows users to specify which medications have been sent with the resident and provides a summary report of those medications that can be provided to the responsible party. In addition, the nurse can review and mark as reviewed those medications sent with the resident.
Medications Sent Out of the Facility:
- Log into RTasks and from the Clinical option list
- Select: Medications sent out of facility
- Complete the information requested:
- Select the date range
- Select the Resident name from the drop down option list
- Optionally search for a specific medication
- Optionally toggle the sort order the medications are displayed
- Either select ALL (and all the instances of that med will be checked) or each instance of administration. They are then flagged as "being sent out of the facility". Note: when they are flagged as being sent out, staff may no longer administer those doses in the Today screen.
Once all meds to be sent from the facility have been documented in this way, you may click the "Print Report" button to create a summary.
If the resident returns early from leave, the nurse or supervisor is able to return to this screen and "uncheck" any doses returned with the resident. Unchecking these boxes will make the meds available to be administered again by facility staff.
The nurse can review all medications flagged as being sent out of the facility by
- Navigating to the Today screen and +More button
- Select 'Review Medications Sent Out of Facility
Specify a date range and view all medications sent out of facility during that period; the nurse can view and mark these as reviewed.