Policies and Procedures
Policies and Procedures can be entered in RTasks and published, electronically shared with staff to review and acknowledge, and reviewed or printed as a report. Certain procedures may be linked to an associated service, creating a link in that service-- a reference for staff as they are performing that skill or service.
Users with the Administrative 411 Role can add or edit policies.
Manage Policies and Procedures
Policies can be entered by navigating from the Today Screen > +More > Administration > Policies. Here, current policies are viewed, grouped by type alphabetically. Users can see
- the category
- the title
- the initial policy text
- the provider types to whom it was assigned
- the staff person who created or last edited the policy.
Click on any policy to open up additional details.
Add a Policy/Procedure
To add a Policy, click the New Policy button. This first step will create a 'draft' policy. Enter:
- The title of the policy
- The category - this will allow policies to be sorted and grouped with like policies. Categories are set by database.
- The body - can be copied and pasted from an electronic document, or manually entered here. Rich text allows bolding, underlining, bullet points, etc... and electronic links can be included in the text field.
- Service links - Policies and Procedures can be linked to one or more services. An active link to the policy will be available to staff from that service.
- Provider types - select the provider types to whom the policy should be addressed. These users will be asked to review and acknowledge the policy.
Clicking the Save button will save that policy/procedure as a Draft.
Publishing a Policy
From the Policy screen, select the policy to be published and open up the details of that draft policy. Make any edits to the draft as needed; editing is not permitted for a policy that has the status of published.
Click the Change Status button > Change to Published to create the final Policy/Procedure.
If this policy/procedure should be electronically reviewed by staff and acknowledged, click 'Push Policy to Staff for Acknowledgement' to complete. You can push out a policy to an individual staff person, some, or all staff.
Once staff have reviewed a policy that has been published, it is not available to edit and re-publish. The old policy must be Ended and a new/updated policy created using the steps above.
Review and Acknowledgement
Once the Policy/Procedure has been pushed out to staff, users will view this task in their Today screen. The policy review will stay on the Today screen until staff review and acknowledge it.
Edit an Existing Policy
Policies in draft form can continue to be edited until published. When in published form, editing is limited to changing the services to which a policy is linked, or the providers who should have access/review the policy.
To edit the title, category, or the body of the Policy/Procedure that has NOT been pushed out to staff, select Revert to Draft (1) and make edits to these fields.
Policies that HAVE been published AND reviewed by staff are no longer available to edit. They must be ended and a new policy created / published.
Ending a Policy (2) will inactivate the policy
Policies for New Staff
New staff can have policies pushed out to them to review/acknowledge by navigating to the Staff Profile button and clicking on the Populate Policies button.
Users can select all or some of the policies to push out to the employee.
Navigate to Fax/Print > Reports > category Policy
- Policies Reviewed - All Staff will list each staff person and the policies they have reviewed, as well as those that are yet to do.
- Policies Reviewed - One Staff allows selection of a single staff to view policies reviewed
- Policies Reviewed by Policy - shows for a single policy, the names of users who have reviewed the policy.
- Policy Document will allow you to select and print a selected Policy document.