E-Faxing: Receiving Faxes
Faxing has important place in the workflow of coordinating effective healthcare for individuals across multiple unrelated healthcare providers.
RTasks E-faxing (sometimes also called "digital faxing" or "virtual faxing") exists to help streamline your communications workflow, making dealing with faxes a lot easier and more efficient, and to help you reduce reliance on paper documents.
- Allows other entities to fax digital files directly into RTasks rather than printing from a physical fax machine or downloading/uploading/transfering documents from another electronic fax system
- Scanned and other digital documents can be faxed directly by being uploaded into RTasks without printing them first and then sending them through a fax machine
- Authorized users can view incoming e-faxes and send outgoing e-faxes from wherever they are from any device. For instance, an on-call nurse can review received faxes right from their smartphone from home
- Integration with other RTasks features allows you to do double duty: RTasks reports can be faxed directly from RTasks without being printed/downloaded, even without being previewed if you want.This significantly reduces the number of steps it takes an RTasks user to communicate external care providers. You can also send a fax AND add a document to a resident's record / staff member's record all at once.
- Maintain a searchable historical record of incoming and outgoing faxes
- Easily Resend faxes if needed.
Viewing Received Faxes From the Menu Bar:
Faxes sent to your ResiDex E-Fax number are visible in RTasks. To view them:
- Log Into RTasks
- Click the Fax/Print Option
- Click the Fax option from the dropdown (1)
- Click Inbox (2)
When you receive a fax, RTasks will pop up an alert at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Faxes at the bottom of the screen
- You will automatically be directed to the View received faxes screen
- Click on the link in the Files section
Processing Received Faxes:
Once you have received a fax message, your next step is to acknowledge you have reviewed it.
- Click on the Files section to view the fax
- A new browser page will open displaying the PDF Fax
- After viewing the fax - click back on the RTasks browser page
- If you don't wish to name or link the fax - simply click Mark as processed
Name or Link a Fax:
You may want to file this fax in a way that makes it easier to retrieve in the future, or make it visible in the Desktop ResiDex Resident OR Staff "Links" list. To do this:
- Select "Edit" on the fax you wish to process:
- Select an "Attachment Type". (example: Med Order, Signed Agreement, MD order, Employee Application etc.)
- Enter the name of the person who sent it to you (note: if the sender's fax is in your system, the name will be filled in)
- Enter a description of what this fax is to make it easier to find in the future
- You can also associate this fax with a resident OR staff member (This will display in the "Links" list in Desktop ResiDex
- When finished, click Mark as Processed
Deleting A Fax
Faxes can be deleted from the Inbox or Outbox using the Delete icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen.