Resident Profiles are essentially the Face Sheets of the resident electronic health records. All staff may view information here; users with provider type RN or LPN and users with role 11 - (Manager) or 13 - (Supervisor) are able to:
- Admit a new resident
- Update or edit current resident information (demographics, allergies etc...)
- Change a client status (active, hold, or discharged)
There is an optional configuration that allows other provider types to update a resident status (place on hold or make active). Contact ResiDex Support for assistance in setting this option.
Access the RTasks Resident Profile
Log into RTasks and select People > Residents as located on the banner of the RTasks screen. All current resident profiles are visible; those residents on Hold status are flagged and grayed. Options across the top of the screen allow the user to
- Search by resident name (1) or the Admission number
- View Current, Former (discharged) or All Residents (2)
- View by community (e.g. memory care) (3)
- Select +New Resident to enter a new Resident Profile (4)
Enter a New Resident
Select the +New Resident button to open entry fields
- Those fields with a downward arrow provide dropdown options from which you can select; other fields allow free entry of data
- The Onsite/Offsite options are onsite by default; offsite allows entry of the address of a client who receives services at a different location.
- The Ongoing Orders field is optional, but allows users to enter key information which all staff should be aware of. Data here appears in any resident service.
- Other Info and Admission # are fields that can be renamed/customized to meet your needs.
- Select Save at the bottom to complete the new resident entry or Cancel to undo entries.
Edit Resident Profile Information:
- Click on the Resident Profile to be edited; the following actions can be taken
- Click Update Profile to open entry fields and edit demographics, allergies, etc... by overtyping information or selecting from option lists.
- Transfer allows the user to transfer the resident to a different room and/or community onsite, OR select offsite to enter an address for the resident receiving services while at a separate location.
- Put on Hold allows the user to edit the status of a resident who may be hospitalized or on a leave of absence; the button then changes to Make Active, allowing the user to bring back to active status
- Discharge allows the user to enter the resident discharge date and reason for discharge. That resident becomes inactive, but the resident record remains accessible as described above
- Care Status History allows users to see a history of changes in status for that resident