Adjustments are done when:
- The facility is using the Accounts Receivable module of ResiDex/RTasks
- Statements were generated and distributed for the resident
- Credits or debits need to be made on a previous month's charges
A user with Staff Roles 22 or 23 has the ability to enter adjustments into RTasks.
Enter an Adjustment:
- Start at the People > Resident option
- Click on a Resident
- Select: Charges
- Arrow back to the month that needs to be adjusted (Note: you will see at the top of the screen the total invoiced, amount paid, and amount due)
- Select a charge line and click: Adjust Charge
- Select the Adjustment Type, Adjustment Reason, change the adjustment date if needed, optionally enter a note
- Toggle the increase charge or reduce charge as applicable and press: Save
View Account Overview
The Account Overview is one report that will reflect a resident's adjustments. You can access this from the resident's profile under reports or the Reports option in RTasks. Under reports, search for "Account" and click on the Account Overview report. Below is a sample of the report for the above resident's Private Pay account.
If an adjustment was entered in error, a user may need to delete the adjustment.
- Navigate to the charges screen
- Click on the charge line that was adjusted
- Click the "trashcan" beside the adjustment line
- Confirm the deletion
Note: if your facility uses "Strict close" and you are unable to delete the adjustment, enter a reversing adjustment with a date in the current period.