E-Faxing: Sending Faxes
Faxing has important place in the workflow of coordinating effective healthcare for individuals across multiple unrelated healthcare providers.
RTasks E-faxing (sometimes also called "digital faxing" or "virtual faxing") exists to help streamline your communications workflow, making dealing with faxes a lot easier and more efficient, and to help you reduce reliance on paper documents.
- Allows other entities to fax digital files directly into RTasks rather than printing from a physical fax machine or downloading/uploading/transfering documents from another electronic fax system
- Scanned and other digital documents can be faxed directly by being uploaded into RTasks without printing them first and then sending them through a fax machine
- Authorized users can view incoming e-faxes and send outgoing e-faxes from wherever they are from any device. For instance, an on-call nurse can review received faxes right from their smartphone from home
- Integration with other RTasks features allows you to do double duty: RTasks reports can be faxed directly from RTasks without being printed/downloaded, even without being previewed if you want.This significantly reduces the number of steps it takes an RTasks user to communicate external care providers. You can also send a fax AND add a document to a resident's record / staff member's record all at once.
- Maintain a searchable historical record of incoming and outgoing faxes
- Easily Resend faxes if needed.
E-Faxing a Report
To Send an RTasks report via E-fax, go to the Reports section and select a report. Instead of pressing the 'Create Report' button; press the 'Send Fax' button.
Upload and E-Fax a document
Log into RTasks select Fax/Print > Fax
|From the Fax screen - click "Send A Fax"|
Next you will fill in the details on the fax screen:
Recipient Name & Number - who are you faxing?
As you type in either field, RTasks will search for any doctors, pharmacies, clinics, hospitals, or other organizations with Fax numbers already recorded in your system - if you find who you're looking for, select them from the dropdown menu and RTasks will automatically fill in their Fax number!
Attachment Type - What are you faxing?
This field allows you to categorize what you're sending out.
Link to Resident Or Staff Documents (Optional)
If relevant, you may also optionally save the item you're faxing to the Documents section for a resident or staff member. Just select which resident or staff this fax is regarding!
Cover Letter (Optional)
If you check "Include a cover letter?" you will be prompted to enter text to display on the cover letter you are sending. This will automatically be appended to the front of whatever document you are sending.
You may optionally enter a description of what you're faxing and why - this is a private record (it will not be included in the fax / will not be transmitted to whom you are faxing), but will stay in your records to explain what was faxed and why for future reference for your internal staff.
Send - When you're ready to send the fax, hit the send button!
View Sent faxes / Resend a fax
|To view what has previously been faxed out from your organization, click on the 'Outbox' option on the E-Fax screen:|
You will then be able to search through all faxes you have sent - filtered by time range and searchable by your descriptions, recipient, etc.
- You can edit the description and Type of this fax by clicking the edit icon in the upper right corner;
- You can delete this fax from your records permanently by clicking the 'Trash' icon in the upper right corner
- You can view/download the actual fax you sent by clicking on the link in the Files section
- You can resend this document to the same recipient by clicking on the 'Resend fax' button.