Guide for Limited Access Users
Residex Software's Limited Access feature allows Residex users to grant consultants such as physicians, therapists, home care or hospice nurses, or state surveyors a limited view or scope in RTasks. By controlling access to specific residents and by provider roles, these consultants can review meds, services, vital signs etc... from their own login to RTasks. This article is designed to provide Limited Access Users a brief overview of RTasks and how it can be used to assist in care coordination.
Logging in and Out
The facility staff grant user access to RTasks and provide each consultant with their own unique username and a temporary password. Use the recommended web browser to go to www.rtasks.net and use the given username and password to log into RTasks. Users will be asked to create a new, unique password as part of this process.
Facility staff do have the option of limiting your login to RTasks only from their facility through the use of IP address restriction. If you feel you require access to RTasks from your own office or other location, discuss this with the facility contact.
Once you have successfully logged in, you may see 2 screens appear:
- Time Clock. If the facility is using Residex's Time Clock feature, this screen allows users to clock in. Simply click "cancel" if this appears.
- Login Report. This report can be customized by facility staff, but provides need-to-know information such as scheduled resident appointments that day, vital signs out of range, etc.... You may see data here if any of the residents for whom you have been granted access are included in the notifications. Scroll down and click on "Back" to arrive at the 'Today' screen.
The Today screen is where facility staff view services, chores, and tasks to perform for the day. The following buttons located across the top of the screen pertain to your use of RTasks:
- User Profile Button (your name will be listed here)
- Today Screen - will return you to this Today screen view
- Profiles/People Button
- Clinical Button
- Fax/Print Button
As a consultant, you may see no tasks or services indicated in the Today screen, but may see a Care Plan Review or Bio/History Review for the residents to whom you have access. You can click on these to review but it is not necessary.
Resident Button / Resident Profiles
The Resident Profile screen is the portal by which you can gather information about the resident.
Click on the "Profiles" or "Residents" button near the top of the screen. (This may also be entitled Client or Consumer, depending upon the verbiage in use at the facility). This will allow you to see the Resident Profiles to which you have been given access.
Click on the record you'd like to view.
The Profile opens up in a read-only view for consultants. Several options beneath the Profile allow you to access specific portions of the chart.
- Contacts- will list the resident's personal contacts including both legal and personal relationships
- Diagnoses-show the current client diagnoses with one set as primary
- Documents- shows documents that have been scanned and attached to the client record (this can include signed advance directives, lab results, annual orders, etc....)
- Incidents- will appear only if you have been granted a role allowing you to view incidents.
- MD Orders- allow the nurse to create comprehensive orders for the MD to sign at specified intervals.
- Medications- will show all the resident medications, scheduled as well as PRN medications.
- Notes- allow you to view and/or enter resident notes if you have been granted Role 5 by the facility. Some facilities opt to create a specific note type to allow consultants to chart; check with your facility contact.
- Referral Appointments - will show all referrals for the resident, both historical and upcoming
- Reports - show reports specific to the resident.
- Resources - list the resident's Providers (MD's, PA's, etc...), Organizations (pharmacies, hospitals, hospices, etc...) and Health Plans (Insurance).
- Service Plan- lists all services and service details provided by the facility to the resident.
- Vital Signs - allows users to view vital signs and enter new vital signs.
Clinical Button and Medication Charting History
Clicking the 'Clinical' button at the top of the Today screen will provide options including 'Medication Charting History'. Selecting this option will allow you to:
- Select the time frame for which you'd like to view med administrations (1)
- Select the resident (2)
- Click on each med to view the date/time and by whom the medication was administered. (3)
The facility has the ability to determine your access to reports; you may be granted wider access to reports upon request; simply ask your facility contact if consultant providers can be added to RTask report permissions. Some suggestions for reports that may be helpful:
- Master Care Plan
- Resident Profile