Restrict Access by IP Address
RTasks.net is a website on the internet, meaning it can be accessed from anywhere there is an internet connection. You may want to restrict access to RTasks for some of your staff unless they are actually in your building(s); this can be achieved with our IP Address Restriction controls.
This feature allows you to allow some individual users (such as on-call nurses or administrators) to log in from anywhere, and restrict others (HHAs, CNAs, housekeeping, etc) so they can only log in from your pre-authorized network.
To use this feature, your building must have a Static IP address from your Internet Service Provider (Comcast, CenturyLink, etc).
If you do not have a Static IP address, your IP Address will change unpredictably (IP addresses used by cell phones on cellular data plans will change very rapidly and frequently) locking your staff out in the process, which is very disruptive.
Staff the 'Manager' or 'Supervisor' permissions can manage this setting.
RTasks Manage IP Addresses:
- Log into RTasks and click Settings
- Click on Manage IP addresses
- The screen will display your current IP address and report if it is part of the "white list" to allow staff to access RTasks through.
- Click Add my current location to allow staff to access RTasks through this IP Address
- Optionally, you can type in an IP address in the blank field and press Add
- When finished - press Done
Remove an IP Address:
- From the above screen, click on an IP address that has been added and press Remove
Manage Staff Access:
Determine who is/is not limited by the IP address under - Manage Staff Access
- As above, log into RTasks and select Settings
- Select Manage Staff Access
- Toggle the check box on/off to specify if the staff is/is not limited by IP address
- When finished, press Done