MD Orders is a tool in RTasks that allows the nurse or supervisor to create a comprehensive document (detailing a given resident's meds, diagnoses, services, code status, allergies, etc...) that can be provided to the physician or prescriber to review and sign or 'certify' the orders for that resident for a specified period of time. This may be required annually in some states, but might also be considered a 'best practice' after a resident is hospitalized, to communicate with the physician and ensure both facility and physician are in agreement on current resident status and plan of care.
This document will outline creating and printing an MD Order from within RTasks.
Create an MD Order:
Navigate to the Resident Profile and select the MD Orders option
A new window will open and display previous MD orders (If applicable) and provide an option to create a New MD Order
If you click New MD Orders option, you will be directed to the screen to fill in the following information
- Select the physician from the option list
- Enter/edit the Certification Start date
- Enter/edit the Certification End date
- Enter a Summary Report (custom text)
- Use the snippet option to fill in the summary report if applicable
- Press Save
The next screen will allow you to:
- Edit the MD Order
- Go Back to the previous screen
- Print the MD order report and fax to the MD for review and signature
- Fax the document directly, using the RTasks fax feature
- Delete the current MD Order
Documenting MD Signature Received
When the signed MD Orders are received, the user will go back to MD Orders and see that the MD Order just created carries a flag of needing a signature.
Click on the MD Order to open up details and enter the date the MD Order was signed.
There are login reports that alert users to MD orders coming due - MD Orders Reminders - Next 14 days (based upon the certification end date) and those that are awaiting signatures - MD Orders Signatures Pending.