RTasks Messaging is a secure communications tool that is great for improving communications between your staff.
Messaging looks a lot like email on the surface, but there are a few key differences:
- RTasks users may only message other RTasks users
- Messaging includes tools to easily send group messages to other RTask users
- RTasks messages never leave the RTasks system, and can be used like a secure communication log to discuss resident names, needs, health care concerns, and so on.
- Messages can be set to 'self destruct' - this messaging tool acts like a communication log between staff and would be discoverable. Settings are available to either keep messages indefinitely, or to have messages delete themselves after a certain period.
- Messaging integrates with other elements of RTasks e-charting; a note recorded by a staff member can easily also sent as a message, allowing staff to streamline their charting and more effectively fullfill their communication obligations.
Users will be aggressively prompted to read and review messages they receive in RTasks. When a message is received, the user will receive a persistent alert. You may Snooze the notification for a few minutes at a time; the alert will otherwise persist until the message is read. To read the message, just click on 'Messages':
You may also view your messages (read and unread) by going to the Today Screen > More option, and selecting "Inbox"
Within your Inbox, you mark a message as having been read simply by pressing a button.
To reply to the message, you can click anywhere else on the message aside from the 'mark as read' button. If you wish to reply, click anywhere else on the message to open a full view with reply options:
You are able to send messages to any other users who have access to your campus.
- To send a message, press the 'More' button from the today screen, and select "New message"
- You may opt to select a group of recipients based upon their provider type; those staff will automatically be selected.
- You can manually select or de-select staff by clicking the check box next to each person's name
- Scroll down (if applicable) and enter the message Subject
- Type the Message, and press the Send button!