Put a Resident on Hold
Residents who are hospitalized or leaving the facility overnight (or longer) may have their status changed from 'active' to 'hold'. Doing so will prevent most services for a resident from appearing on service schedules and allows users to keep an accurate resident census. A resident should not be placed on hold until they have actually left the building for this same reason- it puts their services / cares on hold (so they are not visible from the Today screen in RTasks). The resident should be made "active" again on return to the facility so medications and services can once again populate.
When a Resident’s Care Status is set to hold, it affects certain reports and features such as:
- Daily Assignments
- Census reports
- Client Status reports
- E-Charting of medications and services
Users must have Roles 11 or 13 to put a resident on hold or bring them back, ensuring the supervisor is aware that the resident is back under their care. There is a campus configuration option is that allows direct care staff to perform this function (typically seen in some group homes settings). Contact ResiDex Support staff if you need this setting.
Putting a Resident on Hold from RTasks
In RTasks, select People and then Residents options to view the Resident Profiles for your campus.
- Select the resident who you would like to place on hold.
- Click on the button beneath the resident picture, Put On Hold
The following screen will provide prompts and allow entry of details
- Prompt the user to notify key resources and contacts (1)
- Allow entry of date and time of status change (2, 3)
- And indicate reason for the change of status (4). Selecting the reason as "hospitalization" will allow the user to easily track hospitalization rates from the Quality Assurance Dashboard Screen
- To edit available 'reasons' the resident is on hold can be managed from Residex (Hosted). Go to the Setup tab, search for 'Hold' and select 'Hold Reasons'.
The resident on hold will be identified as on hold from the Residents button. Services will be suspended until the Resident is made active again.
To make the resident active, simply go back to the Resident profile screen and click on the button Make Active.
This screen will allow the user to specify the date and time of return. Selecting the time of return will determine what services will populate for staff- selecting 2:00pm, for example, will prevent 1:00pm meds from populating.
Users may also place a resident on hold from Residex (Hosted).