Supervisors often need to document staff-related attendance issues, conversations, disciplinary actions, etc... in the staff record. Staff Notes in RTasks allows users with Role 14 (Staff Data Entry) to view and enter staff data in RTasks and users with Role 16 (Edit Staff Notes) to easily enter notes directly into the staff record as well.
To View Staff Notes:
- Go to the "People" button in RTasks and select "Staff"
- Select the staff person for whom you wish to enter a note
- Click on the "Staff Notes" button below the staff profile information
- To view notes, select the date fields for the period of time you wish to view (1 and 2)
- Optionally, search for a specific note type or keyword (3)
To Enter a New Note:
- Click on the "New Note button"
- Enter the date and time of the note (the current date and time default) (1 and 2)
- Select the Note type (3)
- Enter the body of the note itself (4)
- Click on "Save" to save the note
Editing or Deleting Staff Notes
Notes can be edited for a specified period of time (based on campus configuration) or deleted by the writer using the icons to the right of that note.