Whether required by state licensure rules or conducted as a best practice, the ability to document supervision of unlicensed, direct-care staff performing delegated nursing services is an important practice. Staff Supervision can now easily be documented in RTasks.
Viewing and Entering Staff Supervisions in RTasks
Navigate to Profiles > Staff > Staff Profile > Staff Supervision and select.
Users will see the following:
- The option of performing a new instance of staff supervision (1)
- A banner with the date the next supervision is due (2)
- A summary of scores compiled from previous staff supervisions (3)
- A Staff Supervision History showing previous staff supervisions with the name of supervising staff visible as well as comments. (4)
- Clicking on any single staff supervision performed will open up the details of that supervision.
Documenting a new Staff Supervision
Clicking on the 'Document Supervision' button will open up entry fields for entering a new instance of staff supervision
- Enter the service or delegated task that was observed
- The current date is defaulted in, but can be edited to an earlier date
- Any skill instruction can be documented
- Nurse comments can be of a general nature or address actions taken
- A check in the box indicates the staff person met expectations, and notes can be added
- Set the next date due by entering a date or using the quick select option to select a time period
Notifications to upcoming Staff Supervisions can be viewed in the Login Report (Staff Supervisions next 14 days), by returning to the Staff Profile > Supervisions and viewing the banner with the next due date, or viewing the report such as Staff Supervision Overview.