Setup RTasks Access
RTasks access is granted on a user-by-user basis, and can be configured to work in one of two ways for your organization:
If your users all have email addresses, these email addresses can be setup as RTasks.net usernames for your users. This is our recommended approach as it gives your users the option to reset their own RTasks.net passwords should those passwords be forgotten, as well as gives your users the option to use 2-Step Authentication(an additional security feature) when they login.
"Username" Based Login
If you prefer your users not be required to have an email address to log into RTasks, they can instead be assigned unique usernames.
1. Enter the user as a Staff member
Before a user can be granted access to RTasks, they need to be entered as a staff member.
2. Grant RTasks.net Access
- Grant the user RTasks.net access by going to their Staff Profile > Security section.
- In the Login & Access section, select 'User can log into RTasks'
- Specify the user's temporary password (they will have to change this when they log in).
If the user's email address is also their username, they will automatically be emailed with instructions on how to log in. If not, you will need to provide instructions to them.
- That's it! If you wish you may now grant the user additional permissions.
Enable Access to RTasks- from either Desktop ResiDex
Open this user's Staff Profile on the Staff tab.
- Open the Staff Profile screen and click the Rtasks Access button
- You will press the save button at the top of the screen and a pop up will appear - press "OK"