Pharmacy Connect: Overview
Pharmacy Connect is a module that you may license through ResiDex that provides an integrated interface between a pharmacy and facility. This ResiDex feature will allow the pharmacy to:
- Send new medications to the resident medication list in ResiDex
- Send changes to the resident medication list, and
- Display medication instructions and label warnings
Pharmacy Connect: The Process
- The facility faxes new orders to the pharmacy
- The pharmacy enters the resident's new medications into their system and "uploads" the data to ResiDex
- Once uploaded, the clinical staff at the facility may review and make changes or "approve" the medications
- Once approved, the medications appear on the E-Mar for documentation
Information on documenting medications can be found in:
What Medications are Included?
All scheduled and as needed medications will be uploaded into the ResiDex database. Medications that are given for a short time will be included, however, the clinical staff at the facility will need to verify the medications and add end dates as applicable.
What Changes are NOT Automatically Populated?
- Medications that are discontinued will be manually discontinued by the facility
- Medication TIME changes will not be changed by the pharmacy but will be the responsibility of the facility